Thursday, September 27, 2012

Quarter Life Crisis Turned Plan Part: 2


So back in April (pre-pregnancy discovery), I wrote a piece called Quarter Life Crisis Part: 1.  Did you ever see a part two after that? Anyone? No? That’s ok…me either. Friends, that’s because karma bit me. That’s what you get for making a plan. Don’t be so silly as to think your life is in your own hands! These are quotes thrown at me by God, the universe, Mother Earth…whatever may be your deity of choice.  The point is, I so pompously made a plan that was inevitably destined to backfire right into my stupid type A face.

The silly couple who thought they had their life planned, last fall

                                               
Now I sit here, in the most uncomfortable fashion because some little tummy alien has taken over my body. And I don’t have a plan. It scares the crap out of me.  I will not be starting school this Fall to become a Surgical Tech. I will instead, be growing said tummy alien. Come January, I will be caring for the most beautiful little girl I’m sure I’ll have ever laid eyes on. That’s my plan. That’s all I know right now. Do I wish I knew more? Yes. Absolutely. But with the obstacles life has thrown my way lately, I’ve learned to just go with what’s given me and feel grateful that Tim and I are blessed with the amazing support system that is our family and friends.

Me, 6 months along, growing my sweet little tummy alien :)


6 comments:

  1. You look so cute. Congratulations on being pregnant, stay healthy! :)
    Take care Tarrah.


    Love
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tanya! I take all the compliments I can get these days ;) Haha

      Delete
  2. You really look so beautiful!
    Love this post!
    I wrote a post recently called, "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans"... Your post really sums it all up. I plan everyday, all the time. Constantly thinking of what is next, what should I do... I've only recently started going with the flow and "stopping to smell the roses"... I find I've really been appreciating my home more, my family more, and the relationship I have with G.
    I was in a steady routine of coming home from work, putting my things down and starting supper/cleaning right away, bringing me into the evening when I'd flop in bed and pass out tired. Lately, I've been snuggling with G watching LOST for hours, enjoying the peace and quiet... Cleaning can wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that quote, Rachel! That's really what it's about, appreciating the small stuff. I live in my dilusional world of thinking everything will work itself out and you know what? So far it has a way of doing so! Good for you for being able to appreciate your love and family :)

      Delete
  3. Yay for little tummy aliens! I know what you mean about the lack of a plan totally freaking you out - I'm the same way and have had many a breakdown because of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is amazing how life can change so fast and fierce. I am glad you have such great support in your life. Your daughter will have a wonderful life :)

    ReplyDelete