Thursday, April 12, 2012

Quarter-Life Crisis Turned Plan Part:1

I can’t explain it.  Put simply, life has me incredibly stoked for the next couple years to come.  I feel like things are really falling into the places they were meant to be in.
For the past 4 years, nursing has been my nearly unattainable goal that I have been consistently striving to meet.  For the past 4 weeks, I’ve secretly changed my mind.  Yes, secretly. I guess I felt like a failure and like I was giving up.  Such is not the case my friends! In reality I was just letting go of something that wasn’t me.  Working with terminal patients and their families at my current job has really opened my eyes to what my persona contains.  The ability to incessantly bond with families and their terminal loved ones and be ok with it when sickness wins and overtakes their happiness,  is not there.
Enter: Surgical Technician.  Anyone who knows me well can tell you I love learning about the human body and dissection lab has always been my favorite.  I read about this program as an aspiring nurse and told Tim all about it.  Knowing me well, I think he sensed my change of heart before I did.  “So do that,” he said.  As if I was debating on a place to get lunch. Simple as that! And it was. I’m now on a path that will put me in school for my career THIS fall instead of a year and a half from now. And that excites me. Que smiley face:
J
Sometimes, the plan changes. And that’s ok.
                                                                                     *Photo taken by my mom of Tim and I at the Strait of Juan de Fuca
So this blog is labeled Part: 1 for a reason.  I’m committing myself to writing more on plans for the next few years.  My next one is going to require feedback from YOU! Which is why I’m writing it. Tim and I have formed a business plan out of our passion for service to others and surfing and I’m really excited to see how it’s received.

6 comments:

  1. I think they say quitting something you don't want to finish is just getting a head start at something you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! Might have to steal that quote to get me through any 'critique' I may recieve from other nursing buddies lol
      Thanks Tom!

      Delete
  2. Just because you've changed your mind doesn't mean you've failed. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! What a revelation. Good for you for making a change you know is right. Best of luck in your new direction. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not always easy but feels good to make those tough decisions! Thank you Cassie :)

      Delete