Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Oh baby...


So. In my unintentional 5 month absence, much has changed in my life. These changes are undoubtedly the catalyst for my absence.

My last post was a short synopsis of my dear Tim’s birthday. I didn’t go into detail. Just some photos showing us having good clean fun. Folks, I was willingly drunk for much of that trip and acquired one of my favorite memories of me and Tim. While in a haze of inebriation, we were walking the beach sometime around midnight. Appreciating the beauty the night brings to the ocean and contemplating the meaning of our lives together. You know, typical drunk chatter. Tim can’t keep secrets when he’s drunk. It’s just not in his nature. We ended the night with Tim confessing his plans to propose to me during our surf trip along the west coast in September.  Little did we know our trip would not be happening for a LONG TIME.

It’s now September. And we are engaged! But it happened on the 4th of July while we were surfing our home beach.  And we aren’t surfing our newly engaged booties off along the west coast. Instead we are preparing our lives for Norah, our little daughter that we will have the blessing of meeting on January 10th, 2013.  And I couldn’t be more excited.  That’s right! I’m 6 months pregnant. It took me a while to come to terms with this seemingly catastrophic life changing event.  I’ve accepted and come to love the changes it is bringing to our lives and to our relationship.  I can’t tell you how excited I am to see Tim hold Norah. He is already to most incredible father I’ve ever had the privilege of watching interact with his daughter and she isn’t even born yet. He loves to read to her, chat with her and sing to her. He makes sure I’m taking all of my supplements and the guy makes me an all fruit smoothie EVERYDAY. Seriously, I’m blessed to have such an amazing partner in life and going through such an unfamiliar situation together has made me fall in love with him all over again.








2012 brought us a pregnancy and engagement. 2013 will bring us a baby and a marriage. Baby first of course, we definitely aren’t trying to prove anything except that our marriage is out of love and not obligation.  I hope I can stay motivated enough to continue to share our experience :)



6 comments:

  1. Number one, you look beautiful and TWO... CONGRATS on everything! Oh how exciting!
    You must be so thrilled... We are really enjoying being newly married, and I hope I get to experience the joys of pregnancy!
    Congrats :)
    Can't wait to watch the progression!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel- thank you! We're very excited :) Congrats on being a newlywed!

      Delete
  2. Aww double congrats on the engagement and the pregnancy! Happy for you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really huge congratulations! Amazing news :)

    ReplyDelete