Thursday, September 20, 2012

Honestly...


I’m going to be blunt. Call me a bad mother if you want. Judge me. I really don’t care. I hate being pregnant. I hate the way I don’t recognize my body.  I miss the freedom I had in surfing, hiking, running and just BEING in nature and the world. And dammit I miss my wine.

                                   Poor girl-She never saw 9 months of abstinence coming 

Despite my animosity toward my delicate condition, I’m not hating the little wifey it is helping me slowly transform into. The other day, Tim was in the garage organizing and I was in the kitchen making lunch and cleaning. Bliss.

Ok- seriously?

Yes. I had absolutely nothing to worry about! Nothing on my mind except for the love of my growing little family.  If you knew me before, you wouldn’t recognize me now. I wasn’t ever exactly gunning for the route of domestication, yet here I am. And I couldn’t be happier.

But I swear to everything holy, once Norah is here and it’s safe to do so I will be enjoying my nightly bottle glass of wine to my heart’s content. Judge away peeps!

Did you ever think you'd be where you are now 3 years ago?

6 comments:

  1. Did you watch the movie, "What to Expect When You're Expecting?"... It's funny, I think of pregnancy as a beautiful thing, I can't wait - but, I'll probably be like the character that gets the shitty end of the stick and hates every step of the way...
    I bet you'll get used to the changes and start to love it, I hope anyway! For now, don't feel bad to admit it's not rainbows - every pregnancy is different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel- I loved that movie! Lol it came out when we found out we were pregnant and was actually kind of refreshing to see all the different points of views. I was like you, always thought I would love it and think it's beautiful. Now I feel anything but. It has it's days though! Like when you see little tiny babies and know there is one in you that you'll have soon. Then you feel like everything you're doing will be worth it. You just need the little reminders :)

      Delete
  2. Thank goodness I don't even have a boyfriend yet, because honestly I'd be like you if I were pregnant! I just bought two new bottles of wine for my new apartment Tuesday and realized I don't have a corkscrew... and I haven't been able to buy one yet. So I'm having a slight panic attack because I want my damn wine!

    Three years ago, I was dating my shit of an ex-boyfriend and thought by now, we'd move to Phoenix and he'd be in school and I'd be working... now I don't care where he is or what he's doing, but I've moved away and I'm happy. 3 years ago I never thought I'd have a Masters degree or a solid, full-time amazing job. But I do. Life is funny how it works out, huh?

    Hang in there lady!

    <3
    carelessly graceful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny and exciting! It's amazing where life decides to take you :) Good for you for getting that Masters and going after your career. Sometimes you need life turned upside down to bring you where you're supposed to be right?

      Delete
  3. Thank God you're honest! I am not planning on starting a family anytime soon, but I worry about being pregnant for all of these same reasons. I know it will be so worth it once the baby comes, though. I nanny a toddler and I honestly can't get enough of him, and he's not even mine! Thanks for the sweet note you left on my blog, Tarrah. Congrats on the baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Devon! I love reading your blog. When you decide to start a family I can recommend a blog of a mom who surfs daily even throughout her pregnancies. It was a bit of a relief to read :)

      Delete