Saturday, December 10, 2011

My first blog attempt

I found this on another website I had attempted blogging on. It's going to sit as a reminder to me. Note the end of the blog where I make empty promises to myself blog religiously. It's now probably 3 years later and I'm just now hopping back up on that proverbial horse.

Enjoy!

The domino effect. One good decision leads to another. I read that on a box of some health food box last night. To me it made perfect sense. I gave up all desserts for lent on February 17th. I am now up past midnight searching for an early morning hot yoga class. Point made.
I decided to let my inner creativity out. It started with a camera on my wish list for my birthday. Along with promises to start writing again. Oh…and maybe pick up that flute I’ve been playing for 11 years now. Here I am writing a blog.
I’ve always been very cynical about blogs. What more are they than a means for pretentious people who aspire to appear as well-educated writers who just want to be heard on a non professional level. I admit, I have read a few blogs and I’m sure it brings those writers much self-worth that society has taken away from them some how. Still, I’m on the fence on blogging in general. What do you say? Is it a journal? A public forum for your own random thoughts? Do you use peoples actual names or should I be protecting the not so innocent? There are so many rules that I’m sure accompany this 21st century fad. I’m not sure if I can keep up.
I’m a fan of yelp.com. I yelp everything I do before I do it. I even yelped the best website for said blogging. I do my research. I then read various blogs to figure out the common theme in blogs. I came to discover that there is only one thing that these blogs have in common. The person writing them is always right. They aren’t answering any essay questions for college. No news is being reported (though I beg to differ on the validity of our media these days-but that’s for a different blog-one in which I will be right of course!). You are the expert on whatever topic you chose. Now it made perfect sense as to why these people wanted to post their ‘de novo’ ideas in a blog.
I’ve decided that I will talk in as many circles as I please. After all, everybody makes sense in their little world of blogging

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Thank you so much for the warm compliments on my blog! I thought I'd return the favor, and this seemed like a good post do to just that - especially since I feel like I'm in the same boat.

    I think the challenge of blogging is finding a focus for it - from politics, to fashion, to the day-to-day reflections - what should we end up writing about? I think if you want it to be more of a personal blog, you should limit it to just your friends and people you know well, that way you can give the specific details like names and places. Otherwise, there are many stories of people's inappropriate blogging topics finding their way back to the work place.

    Anyway, long-winded comment. I enjoyed reading your post and LOVE your background picture. It makes me wish it were summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia!! I agree. Summer cannot come soon enough!

      Delete